This unit focuses on art from around the world! First graders will learn about the visual arts in past and present cultures. They will master important art vocabulary and work in a variety of mediums. Together we will travel around the world, from Mexico to Australia, creating art! Every project is chosen to help develop specific art elements and principles, practice fine motor skills, and teach a little about the culture on which it is based. I know your students will love creating these original works of art!
- 18 Projects
- Lessons plans & instructions (PDF)
- 2 Hours 51 Minutes
- Pacon Tru-Ray Sulphite Construction Paper Pack of 50 12x18" - Assorted Colors
- Sculpey White Polymer Modeling Clay - 1.75 lbs.
- RAS Tempera Paint for Kids Set of 12 2oz Bottles
- First Impressions Broad Marker Set of 12 - Assorted Colors
- SoHo Watercolors, 7ml Tubes
- Alizarin Crimson
- Burnt Umber
- Permanent Mauve
- Urban Orange
- Hooker's Green
- French Ultramarine
- Mungyo Gallery Oil Pastels Cardboard Box Set of 24 Standard - Assorted Colors
- First Impressions Really Good School Brushes
- Round #6 Sableine
- Round #12
- Flat 1/2"
- Flat 1"
- Strathmore 300 Series Watercolor Pad 11x15"
- Canson Bristol Vellum Pad 11x15'
- Mijello Fredi Weber Peel-Able Palette
Additional Free Art Lessons
To get a taste of the creative projects your child will complete in this program, or to enhance your child's art experience, please visit our Free Lessons by clicking the button below.