Ahoy there, Matey's! The theme for fifth grade is A Journey Under the Sea! There are 13 projects on this fun and educational DVD, and each one relates to the wondrous world of the ocean. This year we will focus on reinforcing previously learned skills and building up new art principles and concepts, such as sketching, painting, sculpting, and printmaking. The projects are challenging for young creative minds but include step-by-step instructions for parents. We will even visit a professional artist's studio and take an exciting trip to an aquarium! So join us on our artistic voyage, where you'll "sea" how art can really come alive!
- 13 Projects
- Lessons plans & instructions (PDF)
- Join Ms. Volin on a trip to a working artist’s studio and to an aquarium
- 1 Hour 36 Minutes
- RAS Tempera Paint for Kids - Set of 6 Fluorescent Colors: Add some flash to tempera art with this set of six shockingly bright Fluorescent colors, with 2 oz. bottles each of Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Red and Yellow.
- Raffiné Colored Pencil Set of 12
- Canson Foundation Bristol Vellum Pad 11x14"
- Pacon Tru-Ray Sulphite Construction Paper Pack of 50 12x18" - Assorted Colors
- SoHo Watercolors, 7ml Tubes
- Burnt Umber
- Alizarin Crimson
- Permanent Mauve
- Urban Orange
- Hooker's Green
- French Ultramarine
- First Impressions Really Good School Brushes
- Round #6
- Round #12
- Flat 1/2"Flat 1"
- Staedtler Masterbow Metal Compass
- First Impressions Color Art Markers for Kids Set of 12 Broad Tip - Assorted Colors
- Speedball Super Value Block Printing Ink Starter Kit
- Creative Mark Ultimate Glitter Glue - 30ml Bottle - Hot Pink
- Creative Mark Ultimate Glitter Glue - 30ml Bottle - Sky Blue
- Reflexions Double Wire Sketch Book 7x10"
- Faber-Castell Getting Started Watercolor Pencil Set
- Strathmore 300 Spiral Watercolor Pad 11x15"
- Bristol Pad 11x14"
- Mijello Fredi Weber Peel-Able Palette
Additional Free Art Lessons
To get a taste of the creative projects your child will complete in this program, or to enhance your child's art experience, please visit our Free Lessons by clicking the button below.